Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sweet Little Shawl....

A few weeks back now I made a sweet little shawl using some of the most softest Baby Alpaca that I'd ever come across... 
dory 2 
The shawl pattern was 'Dory' by Goodknits and the yarn was Eki Riva's 8ply in Cherry Red and Navy... I used 2 balls for the body of my shawl and not even 1/2 a ball for the edging. The combination of a beautifully written pattern and silky smooth yarn made for a completed project in only 1 night - gotta love that...

So, when some new shades of Eki Riva 8ply hit my shelves yesterday I couldn't help but dream of a new colour combo - light grey....
Eki 1 
and baby pink.... What do you think???
Eki 2
To celebrate the arrival of more of this gorgeous yarn I've whacked a whopping $3 off per ball - that's over 25%!!!!!! 

6 comments:

  1. Theres that photo again. GORGEOUS!! pink and grey..... so perfect!! Discount you say.... mmmmmm might be popping in again next week ;)
    Ab

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how lovely. What a beautiful shawl. Love the pink/grey combo too. Make sure you post a pic when done, would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soft and lovely. Pink and grey are perfect together.
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I love your site.
    There is a tutorial:
    Monday, November 29, 2010
    Jelly Xmas Star Tutorial
    But your photos/video doesn't show. Would you be able to repost?
    You have great ideas and projects.
    Thank you, Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful soft colours. Lovely. I can also see a lovely granny square blanket in those colours!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...